- Pallas Hill Open Farm located 12 miles outside the town (p) 087-2909688
- Fairy Fort Farm located 8 miles outside Thurles in Borrisoleigh www.traditionalfarm.com
- Templemore Town Park and Children’s Playground – beautiful lake and walking areas and a delightful children’ play area. The park also has a pitch and putt facilities. Templemore is located 15 miles outside Thurles.
- The Source Arts Centre with a year round programme of events in the centre of the town.
- IMC located in Thurles Shopping Centre
- Thurles Library located within the Source Centre in the centre of tow
- Tipperary Mountain Trekking Centre, Borrisoleigh, Thurles – Experience the magic of the Mountains on Horseback on the Tipperary Mountains
- Crossogue Equestrian Centre, Ballycahill, Thurles - picturesque farm and woodland offering both freedom and space in a clean and healthy environment.
- Tipperary Equsterian Centre, Mill Road, Thurles this equestrian centre offers 72 beautiful acres to ride on. There is an indoor arena and an outdoor arena and is surrounded by rich farmland.
- Ballyowen Stables, Dualla, Cashel, Co. Tipperary, Riding Lesson available, please contact Cait on 0879761776.
- THURLES GOLF CLUB is an 18 hole par 72 course, on the outskirts of the town.
- www.thurlesgolfclub.com (p) 0504 90806
- TEMPLEMORE GOLF CLUB is a 9 hole par 70 parkland course, 15 miles from Thurles town.
- Email;templemorgolfclub.ie (P) 0504- 35450
- 3 Miles outside town
- www.thurlesraces.ie for fixtures
- (p) 0504 - 21003
- 2 Miles outside town
- Every Friday & Saturday Night – 8 pm
THE SOURCE ARTS CENTRE
- A state of the art 250 seat auditorium located in the centre of Thurles town with a year round programme of events and a café and bar facilities.
- www.thesourceartscentre.ie for programme of events. (p) 0504 – 90204
- The River Suir running through Thurles is one of the premier Trout angling rivers in the country, season runs from 17th March – 30th September, permits are required.
- Thurles is the birthplace of the GAA founded in Hayes Hotel in 1884, Semple Stadium located in Thurles is the second largest stadium in Ireland.
LAR NA PAIRC:
- Lar na Páirce is an interpretative centre of Gaelic Games on Slievenamon Road, Thurles, it also has a Tipperary merchandise shop.
- (P) 0504- 22702